Friday, August 30, 2019

When it just you and your husband

Raising children is hard, especially when you do not receive any outside help it seems like. Now I am not talking about financially, I am talking about physically and emotionally. Take it from me, ever since our daughter was born, it has been just my husband and I raising our daughter. I know what you are about too ask, well isn't that how it is supposed too be? The answer to that is well of course and we wouldn't trade our life now for anything else in the world, at the same time it does get exhausted from time to time. When we know we can not receive much help from anybody outside of the home because people have their own lives with work, school, families of their own etc. One of the main reasons why I had to quit my job was because we couldn't even get someone too watch our daughter on;y for a few hours in between me and my husbands shifts on the weekends and I wasn't going to hire just anybody too watch our daughter. Do not get me wrong however when we do receive help with babysitting we are internally grateful, however it is really only once in a blue moon and I mean maybe once every few months if that and its only for a day or two if that. I want you to understand something, people do support us as parents and utterly glad we had her and in love with her. However our families were raised that if you have children, its your job too raise them, no one else's so that is what we are doing. It is ok too have babysitters every once in a while as long as your still the one raising your own child, your sitter is not the one basically doing the raising for you. For an example I knew about someone who wanted to use her sitter everyday, even on the days she's off of work just so her and her husband can have date nights, which nothing is wrong with having date nights but you can still have them when you have children, its very possible, you don't have to go anywhere for date nights, you can just stay at home and have a romantic dinner while your children are asleep or playing, you make it work. Now I admit I do sometimes envy those who do receive help raising their children, especially during the nights where my husband is working doubles and our daughter will not go down no matter what I do because her teething or she's having a growth spork. At the same time there are some benefits when it is just us two raising our child. We can parent how we wanna parent and discipline how we wanna discipline, it also very rewarding, we can say that we actually raised our child(ren) on our very own with absolutely no help. Besides our family has told us when you have children you have too sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment