Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The Deep Thoughts of me about Robin Williams death

Today we all have learned about the horrible death of the extraordinary actor Robin Williams. According to records he died of an apparent suicide because of severe depression he has been suffering from for many years. This absotulutely breaks my heart for not only was he talented, hilarious & outgoing actor, he was a wonderful person as well but not everything is what it seems. Mr. Williams was really hurting deep down inside. According to many articles & biographies he was suffering through a drug & drinking addiction in the 80's & 90's until he went into rehab & got clean for 20 years. Then in 2013 he checked himself back into rehab to focus on his sobriety. He also was going through a deep depression as well for many years. This goes to show you that just because people seem happy on the outside does not mean that they are happy on the inside. Some people give off the impression that they are not hurting just so they do not want sympathy. Take it for me, I have been suffering through depression for many years now & I am funny, quick witted & talented. To everybody I seem happy when sometimes (not always) I'm not, & it's kind of funny I can not think of a single thing to be depressed about.. I have loving family & friends, I keep excelling in school & I have the determination & tenacity to finish out on top my mom has always told me. I just sometimes get depressed, now granted I do get help for it & I'm not to ashamed to admit it. that's why I can not understand why people call other people with mental disorders crazy when infact us people with mental disorders are far from crazy, especially us who suffer with depression. For those who do not understand depression is actually a chemical imbalance in your brain, so it is considered as a disease that should be taken very seriously. That's why instead of judging someone we should all love each other & let them know that we all are here for one another no matter what. We should talk to those who need help & suffer through this terrible disease & just like what a character in Madeas Family Reunion say very well "Grab them & tell them that u love them, if you need anything come to me, if you need me come to me. I'll give you a shoulder , I'll give you a hug. I'll bathe you, I'll clothe you if you need it." When you hear someone wanting to hurt themselves or other people NEVER just blow that off stand up & say something because people can mean what they say. Take for an example (& these are horrible ones) Elliot Rodger who did the Santa Barbara killings back on May 23rd, he wrote a 141 page manifesto about his life & made YouTube videos about what he was going to do to all those people who never paid attention to him & treated him like crap. That manifesto & videos should of never been taken lightly, & all this time he was suffering inside, reports are saying he had a form of a brain disorder called Asperger's syndrome, which a person is not alright in the brain sometimes just like depression. That is why as soon as someone saw this manifesto or saw these videos they should of reported it immediately! I would of. Also the child who did the Sandy Hook killings a while back, he was also suffering from Asperger's syndrome. A study is now saying over 75% of prisoners that have killed have some sort of mental illness. Now the tragic death of Robin Williams.. This world will never be the same without the man of many characters. It just goes to show if you notice someone, anyone not acting like themselves or that you know has a mental illness never take their life or any lives for granted for that matter. Always talk to them, be there for them, check up on them because you will never know if that will be the last day that you will ever see them alive. "R.I.P Robin Wiliams May you make God Laugh" -Comedy Club-

No comments:

Post a Comment