Sunday, September 8, 2019

How much your life changes

As my husband & daughter sleeps in the bedroom, I sit here thinking how much my life has changed since we had our precious daughter. I remember the moment we found out we were pregnant, I'll admit we were actually not married yet, but who really does everything in order these days anyways right. A few months into our relationship(6 months into knowing each other) we were out eating at a Chinese Buffett until all of a sudden I got sick & it was actually happening for several days, until after we ate at that Buffett I just got sick of getting sick so the next day since I was feeling a little better I decided to go to a clinic too find out what's going on, there they took my blood, urine, etc. Then not even 20 mins later they came in my room to tell me that I was pregnant. At 1st I didn't believe it by kind of laughing it off & told them they must have the wrong room since I got told I couldn't have children until they read me the info on my file & I just sat there in shock, happy, surprised, worried, excited, just all these emotions all at once started flowing. No sooner after the doc left the room & told me congratulations i told David & he at 1st went quiet for like 5 minutes until he said, cool. But than he said wait a min I thought, so I told him I thought I couldn't have kids either but I guess I def can. Than he said well ok, that's awesome. I'll be honest I was shocked he was so cool & nonchalant about it cuz i'll be honest I was terrified(in a good way) I went quiet & he asked what, I said I'm scared, he said it's ok too be scared I'm kind of scared too but we're gonna have a baby, we can do this & we def will. Then I said ok we're gonna have a baby than, than he said yep. So than about 6 to 7 months later, here comes our beautiful daughter via c-section, weighing in at 6 pounds 4 oz 19 & a half inches long. The most beautiful, the most perfect human being ever.
As the 1st several days & weeks & even months go by they weren't that bad, she just cried a lot cuz of colicky issues so you can say there were a lot of nights where we absolutely didn't get any sleep the both of us, no matter how many times we swapped where 1 of us would sleep as the other took care of her & vice versa but that happens when it comes with a newborn. We still sometimes have long nights & days but it's also because of growth spurts, teething & colicky now. But there are more wonderful days than bad days. She's a very happy baby, always laughing & giggling Now I'm just sitting here thinking about that I could never imagine our lives without her in it now. I love the cries at night, getting up to feed her change her taking care of her is not a chore, its an honor & a privilege. I'll admit there are days that are hard where I feel so overwhelmed with her to where I have too walk away too the other room for a little bit & just let her cry; especially on the nights her daddy has too work & it's just me doing everything at that moment. Than I come too realization there are a lot of people who would give anything for this, staying up all night with a baby crying, the long nights & days basically taking care of a sweet, innocent precious baby. Our lives have def changed from the moment we got together until now. Now looking back when we very 1st got together before we even got pregnant our life now is amazing & I hope & pray that in the next several years(like when she's 3 or 4) we can possibly expand our family one day & make our life even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment